SEBUAH CERITERA HATI

Hello There!

23 August, 2010

Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man

23 August, 2010
Life goes up and down. Sometimes we never expect thing that happen to us. We start blaming our self. We start blaming other people. Especially when it’s comes into relationship. I'm not a Dr. Love. So, I don't really get what is really happening. When thing goes worst in relationship, we start to create excuse bla bla bla... Until when? We also don't know.

Me myself and of course everyone out there had gone through a hard time in relationship. Yes, for sure. No doubt baby. I can bet you! But, what's important is, to recognize that 'hard time' is a sign of bad things or good things?

Once upon a time, I fall in love with a person that I truly believe he is my destiny. My only one. My fate. My soul mate. I promise myself not to open-up another door for another man. Because I truly believe he is the one. I was happy back then. Well, actually I’m not that happy. I’m just not. It’s hurt. Really hurt.

Why? It is because I don’t really sure about his feelings. Things are so blurry. It’s really hurt until I felt like my heart is bleeding. The feeling is like the end of world. No more future and everything are so damn blurry. I feel like dying.

One day, with an empty heart, I hang out at a book store and I found a book. A book that lies all the mystery that I’ve been looking for all this while.

**********


"Nothing on this planet can compare with a woman’s love—it is kind and compassionate, patient and nurturing, generous and sweet and unconditional. Pure. If you are her man, she will walk on water and through a mountain for you, too, no matter how you’ve acted out, no matter what crazy thing you’ve done, no matter the time or demand. If you are her man, she will talk to you until there just aren’t any more words left to say, encourage you when you’re at rock bottom and think there just isn’t any way out, hold you in her arms when you’re sick, and laugh with you when you’re up. And if you’re her man and that woman loves you—I mean really loves you?—she will shine you up when you’re dusty, encourage you when you’re down, defend you even when she’s not so sure you were right, and hang on your every word, even when you’re not saying anything worth listening to. And no matter what you do, no matter how many times her friends say you’re no good, no matter how many times you slam the door on the relationship, she will give you her very best and then some, and keep right on trying to win over your heart, even when you act like everything she’s done to convince you she’s The One just isn’t good enough. That’s a woman’s love—it stands the test of time, logic, and all circumstance. "

"I'm sure that if woman laid out the rules- requirements- early on, and let her intended know that he could either rise up to those requirements, or just move on. A directive like that signals to a man that you are not a plaything-someone to be used and discarded. It tells him that what you have- your benefits- are special, and that you need time to get to know him and his ways to decide if he DESERVES them. The man who is willing to put in the time and meet the requirements is the one you want to stick around, because that guy is making a conscious decision that he, too, has no interest in playing games and will do what it takes to not only stay on the job, but also get promoted and be the proud beneficiary of your benefits. And you, in the meantime, win the ultimate prize of maintain your dignity and self-esteem, and earning the respect of the man who recognized that you were worth the wait."

"All I'm telling you to do is to be smart about it. Know that if this man isn't looking for a serious relationship, you're not going to change his mind just because you two are going on dates and being intimate. You could be the most perfect woman on the Lord's green earth-you're capable of interesting conversation, you cook a mean breakfast, you hand out backrubs like sandwiches, you're independent (which means, to him, that you're not going to be in his pockets)-but if he's not ready for a serious relationship, he going to treat you like sports fish."

"Your objective is to avoid being on a string. The first step, I think, is to get over the fear of losing a man by confronting him. Just stop being afraid, already. The most successful people in this world recognize that taking chances to get what they want is much more productive than sitting around being too scared to take a shot. The same philosophy can be applied to dating: if putting your requirements on the table means you risk him walking away, it's a risk you have to take. Because that fear can trip you up every time; all too many of you let the guy get away with disrespecting you, putting in minimal effort and holding on to the commitment to you because you're afraid he's going to walk away and you'll be alone again. And we men? We recognize this and play on it, big time."

"Women can go over it again and again in their minds, finding all kinds of deficiencies in themselves-"I didn't do this right," "I wasn't good enough," "I didn't love him the way I should," "she came in here and outperformed me"-but the fact still remains that he didn't have any business cheating. So women need to release themselves from the blame of a cheating man's actions-just do that for yourselves. Because holding on to that baggage can be paralyzing; it can cripple you and keep you from performing in your next encounter. You simply cannot drive forward if you're focused on what's happening in the rear view mirror."

**********

After I read this book, it's really open up my eyes. It's like an eye opener. I don't deserve to be treated like a door matt or play- thing. No. So, I need to set the requirement for a better relationship. Things will never work out if only one parties keep playing the role. Never. Bye bye sports fish, sweet talker and what so ever to called.

Thanks to the writer of this book. It's time to move from pain to gain. *wink


2 comments:

shafeez said...

haha my friend also just told me abt this book! can't wait to read your take on this. ;)

Sha.Az said...

i bet u... mmg puas hati baca buku. btw, this book n the author ade keluar rancangan oprah... thunms up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Peeps here *wink

Sebuah Ceritera Hati © 2014